Tip #1 – Use Lightweight Image Files
- Optimise them for lowest possible file size but maintaining highest quality
- Ensure the image downloads as fast as possible
- If your image is slow to download, there’s a 53% bounce rate if it takes more than 3s to load!
- Tools to help
Tip #2 – Single, Prominent Call to Action
- Use clear and multiple ‘CTAs’ = Calls To Action – Capture / convert to lead or sale
- Feature a large CTA button on every sales focused page, direct them to the enquiry / conversion page
- Always try to include your phone number and email address in the header (great for mobiles!)
- Specifically, for computers and tablets, put a clear intro message and CTA above the fold (typically 600 pixels tall including the menu)
- Try to ensure the focus is on message first, then CTA then graphics… Avoid distractions!
Tip #3 – Clarify Your Value Proposition
- Ensure your message is clear and direct (What, why, who, where, when etc)
- Try to write like a news reporter, use a short and to the point headline, followed by a paragraph summarising the page content / message
- Use this basic check list;
- Clear sales message
- Ease of contact
- Nice clean & clear design
- Spelling & grammar checked…!
Tip #4 – Make Your Website Homepage Copy Easy to Scan
- Make sure the text is easy to scan read
- Only 16% people read word for word online!
- Use a common text layout format to all pages such as:
- Lists / bullets
- Try captions
- Keep sentences short
- Don’t forget the CTA!
Tip #5 – Have People in Your Photos
- A picture paints a 1000 words, so choose carefully
- Photos featuring people boost conversions
- Better still people using your product or service are worth their weight in gold!
- Try to show the practical use of your product or service
- Action / in use photos give reassurance to a potential buyer… Instant trust building!
Using even just a couple of these tips will help you get more out of your website, so give them a go! 😊
We are extremely grateful for you taking the time to read our content, thank you. If there is a subject you would like to suggest we cover then please don’t hesitate to let us know here.
If you curious to find out how we could potentially help your business, then let us know what you need via our apply here page. We will check your energy usage and bills, then spend a couple of hours researching what the chances of your success are via our sales & digital marketing solutions… We will only propose something if we are 100% sure our service will pay for itself comfortably in less than 12 months!