Why are testimonials so effective?
Simply put, customer testimonials create something of a self-fulfilling prophecy regarding your connection with your target audience. Someone enjoys your product or service, so you encourage them to leave a positive review or testimonial. Consumers naturally trust each other more than they trust just marketing collateral, so that testimonial adds more weight to the decision they’re trying to make.
A great website is essential to not only providing visitors with the information that they need about your company, but also to leaving an excellent first impression on your potential customers.
Most people are naturally skeptical any time they venture onto a company website for the first time, especially if they have no prior relationship with the business, which is why it’s important that your website reflects positively on your business. One way you can do this is by dedicating one of your web pages to customer testimonials.
The following are five reasons you should use customer testimonials on your website:
- Customer testimonials help build trust
- Just having the testimonials page can be enough on its own. They are proof that you have customers and do a great job… It works the same as product reviews on Amazon, would you buy something with no reviews? Of course some are more useful than others though!
- Customer testimonials work like referrals
- …. Know, like and trust! We all know how powerful this is so why not make the most of it on your website!
- They can explain the benefits of your products or services
- Detailed testimonials like the ones our guide helps you receive, are excellent to help your prospective customers better understand what you do… by hearing it from customers you do it for! … It of course also helps your future marketing!
- They can explain how your products or services work
- As above each testimonial adds to your businesses marketing effectiveness, by gaining a new ‘hands-on’ example of how your products or services help solve your customers issues!
- They can help you create an emotional connection
- Sales is all about making an emotional connection, great design and strong content really helps but nothing beats a testimonial by a named person, (even better with a picture of them!), to give a new customer that deep reassurance their money is safe in your hands!
How do you get great testimonials from your clients?
Follow this process by simply ‘copy’ and ‘paste’ this guide into an email to your ‘happiest’ customers. Feel free to edit it in any way that suits your business:
- Thanks for taking the time to talk and for your feedback, it’s been really helpful. As discussed, the guide to help you structure your comments is below.
- Question 1
- What were the key challenges you were facing that led to us working together/you choosing our solution?
- Question 2
- In what ways did these challenges impact your business?
- Question 3
- Was there any particular reason you chose to work with us?
- Question 4
- How did our work together/product or service address your business challenges?
- Question 5
- What did you most enjoy about working with us/using our product or service?
- Question 6
- What are the measurable or tangible results in your business after our work together/after using our product/service? Can you quote any approximate figures?
- Question 7
- Can you give us any feedback on our service?
- We sometimes feature customer’s feedback in our marketing materials and on our website. Would you be okay with that? – We will obviously share what we’ve written with you before we publish it.
So, there you go, we’ve used this exact technique for many clients and for our own businesses, we hope it helps you too!
We are extremely grateful for you taking the time to read our content, thank you. If there is a subject you would like to suggest we cover then please don’t hesitate to let us know here.
If you curious to find out how we could potentially help your business, then let us know what you need via our apply here page. We will check your energy usage and bills, then spend a couple of hours researching what the chances of your success are via our sales & digital marketing solutions… We will only propose something if we are 100% sure our service will pay for itself comfortably in less than 12 months!